Are you a startup looking for onboarding software for SaaS that is cost-effective and efficient? Do you need onboarding software for SaaS that will help you to engage, convert and retain customers?
When it comes to creating a seamless onboarding process for your customers, you need reliable onboarding software for SaaS products.
The problem is there is various onboarding software for SaaS online. Where do you start your research? Which one of them will produce the best result for your customer onboarding?
Not to worry, today I have curated a list of 7 unbeatable and reliable onboarding software for SaaS products.
Let’s get started.
1. Onboarding software for Saas: UserGuiding
UserGuiding is the best no-code digital adoption product that helps you provide better in-app experiences. Compared to alternatives, UserGuiding is an easier-to-use and much more capable method for creating user onboarding experiences and improving product along with feature adoption.
We recommend UserGuiding as a great companion to Customerly when people search for intercom alternatives and are in need of Product Tours.
- Interactive Product Tours without a single line of code,
- Tooltips and Hotspots for easier in-app communication,
- User Onboarding Checklists to gamify the experience,
- Resource Centers to provide maximum engagement,
- NPS Surveys and In-App Surveying capabilities,
- Easy Localization for Product Tours and Checklists,
- Advanced Analytics with User Activity Feed,
- And custom user segments for advanced targeting and personalization.
What can UserGuiding do for your business?
With UserGuiding onboarding software for SaaS, you can:
- Create intuitive in-app guides to help users get to the “Aha!” moment quicker,
- Announce changes and updates in-app to reduce friction,
- Analyze user activity and collect feedback to gain actionable insights,
- Integrate other 3rd party applications to store and use your data cohesively,
Pros of UserGuiding
- The provided value for the price it costs.
- The fact is that it doesn’t require technical knowledge for customization but supports CSS as well.
- UserGuiding’s Customer Support is rated highest among competitors on G2.
- Its user-friendliness and ease of use.
Cons of UserGuiding
- The analytics are as good as they can be for a user onboarding tool.
Pricing: Basic plan from $69/month, Professional plan – $299/month, and Enterprise – custom price
2. Onboarding software for Saas: Chameleon
The first onboarding software for Saas on this list is Chameleon. It is a software you can use to onboard customers and communicate product improvements more easily and effectively. Moreover, you don’t need to rely on a team of developers for help.
- A fast, intuitive and bug-free builder with WYSIWYG editor
- Custom style options for fonts, color, and opacity
- Moderated interactions for users
- Seamless publishing of product tours
- Clear reporting and analytics
- Integrations of third-party apps
What can Chameleon do for your business?
With Chameleon onboarding software for SaaS, you can:
- Drive adoption for your product’s new features.
- Create guided product tours and tutorials for your audience
- Manage and control Inventory
- Receive a responsive and proactive client support
Pros of Chameleon
- It is cost-effective
- It is an ever-changing onboarding software for SaaS
- Relatively easy-to-use product tours and widgets
- It makes working with remote team members a breeze
Cons of Chameleon
- It is less flexible
- It doesn’t support certain types of media
Pricing: Basic plan $99/month, Standard plan – $199/month and Enterprise – custom price
3. Onboarding software for SaaS: Appcues
Appcues is the second onboarding software for SaaS you can use to build user onboarding flows, NPS survey,s and new feature announcements for your customers. It is easy and fast to create product tours with good customization. Also, you don’t need the knowledge of coding to create a decent onboarding process with this software. It is a table-stakes for SaaS product owners.
- NPS survey
- User Onboarding
- Feature announcement
What can Appcues do for your business?
With Appcues onboarding software for SaaS, you can:
- Create a product tour
- Create targeted communication with website users
- Increase customer engagement and retention
- Ability to create a seamless in-application marketing
- Helps to drive product adoption
Pros of Appcues
- It is an affordable onboarding software for SaaS that can help you to reach your existing and new customers.
- Setting up Appcues onboarding software for SaaS is easy
- It walks clients through new product features
- Third-party apps integration is a breeze
Cons of Appcues
- Weak analytics and management portal
- Few design patterns
Pricing: Standard plan – $649/month and the Enterprise plan – custom price
4. Onboarding Software for SaaS: WalkMe
WalkMe is another exceptional customer onboarding software for SaaS businesses. It is a digital adoption platform. It helps to simplify the user experience by providing useful insights, engagement, and guidance potentialities. The platform makes it easy-to-use software, website, or any app you choose. It analyzes and automates processes so that your customers can carry out their tasks easily.
- Unlimited steps by step walk-thru processes and Assists
- Create walk-thru, surveys, and shout in different languages
- Serve walk-thru on your website or different domains
- Integration with different resources such as live chat, faqs
- Customize the design of your walk-thru
- Detailed analytics solution
What can WalkMe do for your business?
With WalkMe onboarding software for SaaS, you can:
- Reduce the number of queries and support tickets on your product
- Announce new product features, system downtime, and maintenance to users
- Automate the onboarding process for new customers and employees
- Train employees and current customers
- Reduce repetitive calls on popular topics
Pros of WalkMe
- Its flexibility and immediacy in guiding and helping users as at when they need help are second to none.
- Dedicated support team
- Simple and intuitive interface that makes it easy to create a step-by-step guide
- It increases conversion rates
- It reduces churn in free trial users
Cons of WalkMe
- It is not cost-effective
Pricing: The WalkMe onboarding software for SaaS businesses have two plans – the custom plan and the basic plan. Get the quotes on their website.
5. Onboarding Software for SaaS: Userlane
The fourth onboarding software for SaaS businesses is Userlane. Its customer onboarding features help you to create an easy customer onboarding process that will help you engage, convert, and retain customers. It will reduce the churn rate and increase sales. With Userlane, guiding your customers on the use of your product is a breeze.
- On-screen and interactive guidance
- Highly personalized user experience
- User guides live in your software
- Detailed user analytics
- Employee management
What can Userlane do for your business?
With Userlane onboarding software for SaaS, you can:
- Guide new users through product usage
- Create better customer onboarding
- Reduce support tickets
- Provide immediate and helpful support to your customers
- Create tutorials that improve customer experiences
Pros of Userlane
- Highly customizable
- Collaboration with teams is easy
- A highly responsive and helpful support team
- Simple integration with software
Cons of Userlane
- Not all the features are customizable
Pricing: Userlane has two pricing plans – custom plans and enterprise plans. Get a quote from the website.
6. Onboarding Software for SaaS: Nickelled
Nickelled is an onboarding software for SaaS business that allows you to create a step-by-step user guide in minutes. You don’t need coding skills to use it. The software provides a seamless way to train your team and customers on new software or website updates. It is an onboarding software for SaaS businesses that can help to retain customers and reduce churn rates.
- Code free walk-throughs
- Detailed analytics and reports
- Integrations with third-party apps
- Various languages available
- Customized tutorial development
What can Nickelled do for your business?
With Nickelled onboarding software for SaaS, you can:
- Guide users through product usage
- Show mini-outlines of your major walk-throughs
- Show walk-throughs to users as soon as they log in
- Send walk-through to customers in emails and live chats
Pros of Nickelled
- No need for coding skills to create walk-throughs
- Easy editing and updating of user guides
- An intuitive and easy-to-use user interface
- Cost-effective onboarding software
- Customize user guides to match the look and feel of your website
Cons of Nickelled
- Deployment issues for new users
Pricing: The pricing is according to the number of walk-throughs. For example, creating 50 user guides is $249/month.
7. Onboarding Software for SaaS: Whatfix
Whatfix is the next onboarding software for SaaS you can use for your business. It delivers an effective customer onboarding process and support for your customers when they need it.
- In-app digital guidance with zero coding
- User enablement
- Round the clock self-service
- Scheduled alerts and announcements
- Detail analytics and feedback
What can Whatfix do for your business?
With Whatfix onboarding software for SaaS, you can:
- Create seamless onboarding of new customers and provision of help to existing customers
- Cut down support calls and support ticket
- Offer self-service to more customers
- Provide seamless staff transition training
- Increase product usage by offering workflows for complicated features
Pros of Whatfix
- It is an affordable onboarding software for SaaS businesses
- It reduces the number of support queries
- Change the look and feel of your walk-throughs to match your software
- Show different information to users
- It integrates with third-party apps
Cons of Whatfix
- The analytic feature is underdeveloped
Pricing: Whatfix has different price packages for different needs. Go to their website to obtain a quote.
8. Onboarding Software for SaaS: Gaininsight PX
Gaininsight PX is the seventh onboarding software for SaaS businesses. It is a platform that can enhance your customer onboarding process. It can help to deliver products based on personalized experiences and gain insight from users on their needs.
- In-product engagement
- Email engagements
- Product analytics
- Product instrumentation
What can Gaininsight do for your business?
With Gaininsight onboarding software for SaaS, you can:
- Facilitate product experience through content and message
- Improve products robustness and increase user experience
- Increase product engagement and reduces churn
- Enhance employee and personalized customer onboarding
- Facilitate a/b testing of product features
Pros of Gaininsight
- It is an easy-to-use onboarding software for SaaS platform
- There is an excellent user support
- Evaluates the impact of your product on usage patterns, conversion and, revenue
- Boosts product and customer growth
- Reactivates your inactive users by setting tasks for them
Cons of Gaininsight
- It has a rocky implementation
Pricing: There are two pricing plans, free and paid. Get the quote for the paid plan on the website.
Above is the eight best onboarding software for SaaS. You can go ahead and select the best for your business.
We personally love UserGuiding and recommend it to all the customers switching from Intercom Product Tours. As an alternative to Intercom, Customerly is the best choice.
In addition to onboarding software, you might need behavioral onboarding emails and best practices to onboard your customers.
Find below an onboarding email template you can use to welcome your customers.
Onboarding email with personalized GIF
Use this email template to onboard your new users with personalized messages
A well-designed onboarding strategy means better conversion, activation, and revenue, of course.
So if you want to onboard your customers with conversational bumpers, you can use Customerly Workflows to bring back customers abandoning your SaaS and Help Center articles to share the valuable information they are searching for.
Better onboard your customers with Customerly
Add Conversational bumpers, behavioural chat messages and help center tutorials